Ward One Democrats 2014 Convention
Reeves Municipal Center, 2000 – 14th Street, NW
May 17, 2014, 10:00 a.m.
Rules of the Day
- Voter check in will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Voting will begin as soon as a quorum of 25 registered Ward One Democrats including three officers has been established and the Rules of the Day have been adopted.
- Voting will take place between 10:15 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- The general body meeting will continue as voter check in and voting takes place.
- Voting is open only to Ward One Democrats registered with the DC Board of Elections and Ethics.
- In the event a question arises with the eligibility of a voter, a provisional ballot shall be issued to the voter and the voter’s eligibility to vote in the election will be based on information obtained from the D.C. Board of Elections.
- All candidates on the ballot will have filed their declaration of candidacy with the nominating committee by the deadline of midnight Friday, May 9, 2014.
- Nominations for candidates for Precinct Representatives will be taken from the floor and candidates must be a Ward One Democrats registered to vote in the precinct from which he or she is running based on information obtained from the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics.
- The qualified candidates with the highest number of votes will be declared the winners in the elections for officers and for Precinct Representatives.