Ward One Democrats are looking for candidates to run for the offices of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer to be elected at the Ward One Democrats Convention on Saturday, May 17. If you are a Ward One Democrat on record with the D.C. Board of Elections and want to run for one of the offices, there are three ways to get your name on the ballot:
- By sending your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and the office you are seeking to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By sending your information to 2070 Belmont Road NW, #209, Washington, DC 20009 postmarked no later than May 9. If mailed by U.S. Postal Service, you must call 202.365.6641 to confirm receipt no later than May 9.
- By hand delivering your information to 1050 – 17th Street, NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 9.
To qualify as a candidate you must be registered as a Ward One Democrat on record with the D.C. Board of Elections at the time you register to run as a candidate. If you have any questions, feel free to send them to email@example.com.
Save the Date
Ward One Democrats Annual Convention 2014
Saturday, May 17, 10:00 a.m.
Reeves Municipal Center, Rear Lobby
2000 Fourteenth Street, NW
Theme: Finding a Common Ground as Democrats in Ward One
Early Voting: Wednesday, May 14, 7:00 p.m.
Reeves Municipal Center, Community Room
Election of Officers
For more information contact Chairman Bill O’Field at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Committee of the Ward One Democrats met on Thursday, April 10, to handle regular business matters and to plan the May 17, 2014 Convention. Highlights of the meeting are pasted below:
Highlights of the Ward One Democrats Executive Committee Meeting – April 10, 2014
Members Present: Bill O’Field, Brianne Nadeau, John Zottolli, Lillian Perdomo, Windy Carson-Smith, Lynn French, Tania Jackson, Lenwood Johnson, Stanley Mayes, and Anita Bellamy Shelton.
- In accordance with the Ward One Democrats Bylaws, the Annual Convention will be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014 beginning at 10:00 a.m. on the first floor (rear lobby) of the Reeves Municipal Center at 2000 – 14th Street, NW
- Election of officers will be conducted by the DC Democratic State Committee’s (DCDSC) Party and Organization Functions Committee (POFC).
- Brianne requested early voting for Sabbath observant Jews and Christian Seventh Day Adventists. Following discussion it was determined that early voting will take place on Wednesday, May 14, with logistics being handled by Tania in coordination with the DCDSC’s POFC.
- The theme of the convention will be Finding a Common Ground as Democrats in Ward One.
- Featured Speaker(s) to be considered: Renee Poussaint and others.
- Greetings from the DCDSC: Councilmember and DCDSC Chairman Anita Bonds
- Brianne introduced an amendment in writing to change the annual convention of the WOD from the third Saturday in May to the third Wednesday in May with the third Thursday to be used as an alternate date in case of some celebration or other conflict at the call of the WOD and at a time and place to be designated by the Committee. Following discussion, Anita S. moved that the amendment be presented for discussion at the May 17, 2014 convention and if accepted to be voted on at a ward-wide meeting 30 days following the convention. The motion was seconded by Windy and was adopted by voice vote with Stanley abstaining.
- It was the consensus of those present that the proposed amendment should be included in the announcement about the convention with a link to the WOD bylaws on the WOD Web site.
Respectfully submitted by,
Bill O’Field, Chairman
Ward One Democrats
The three members of the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics has announced http://bit.ly/1ms4JVL that the Board will certify the results of the April 1 Primary on Wednesday, April 23, at 10:30 a.m. Board Chairman will conduct the meeting in room 280-North in the One Judiciary Square building at 441 Fourth Street, NW.
Follow this link http://bit.ly/1mw2CTq to the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics Web site for the pre-certified election results for the April 1 2014 Primary Election.
The results of the September 24, 2012 Ward One Democrats straw poll for Council Chairman in the November 6, 2012 Special Election are:
Phil Mendelson 10
Calvin H. Gurley 1
Marion S. Barry 1
John C. Cheeks 1
We extend a special Ward One thank you to the candidates who participated in our forum on what was a busy evening of campaign events.
Join the Ward One Democrats
Monday, September 24th
7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Council Chairman Candidate Forum
With a Straw Poll
African American Civil War Memorial Museum
1925 Vermont Avenue, N.W.
(at the corner of Vermont Avenue, 10th Street, & “U” Street)
For more information, contact Ward One Democrats Chairperson Bill O’Field at email@example.com or 202.365.6641 or Vice Chairperson Brianne Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.232.5496.